Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for an experienced risk professional to join our Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team. As part of the ERM team, you’ll have the opportunity to support the ERM Lead in designing and implementing the ERM framework to identify, assess, manage, and report on the most critical risks across the company. You will work with our business partners to not only ensure appropriate controls are designed and implemented, but to help them integrate risk management principles strategically into day-to-day business processes as well. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to build this ERM program from the ground up and work on cutting edge issues in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
How you'll contribute:
- Contribute to the strategic design and refinement of the ERM framework to best support Blend’s continued growth
- Support risk domains with the design and refinement of their risk programs in alignment with the ERM framework
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure appropriate controls and mitigations are designed and implemented
- Participate in the execution of the annual Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Analyze and develop key risk metrics for monitoring the company’s risk profile
- Support special risk projects (e.g. the roll-out and operationalization of GRC software to facilitate key risk monitoring and reporting)
Who you are:
- 4-6 years of relevant risk and controls experience experience in the financial services or fintech industry
- Experience with ERM methodologies, frameworks and principles
- Strong project management, organizational and problem solving skills, and ability to develop deep relationships with cross functional stakeholders
- Exceptional, oral and written communication skills
- Bonus Points:
- Background in the mortgage and/or consumer banking industry
- Experience developing and monitoring risk metrics
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
If you have a disability and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment, please contact Blend at (650) 550-4810 or email@example.com.