Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will lead the product partnership strategy with third-party financial services technology vendors and lead a team to source, negotiate, close, and manage integrated partners. You will work closely with our Product, Sales, and Services groups to build long term value across customers by building partnerships with players in the ecosystem and growing the value of Blend’s platform in mortgage and consumer banking. You’re a go-getter who goes above and beyond to get things done!
How you'll contribute:
- Build and drive overall strategy and prioritization plan for product partnerships to drive positive outcomes that are aligned with Blend’s goals
- Lead and mentor a team of business development professionals
- Identify new partners, negotiate business and technical terms with them across a variety of initiatives
- Handle relationships with partners and ensure their success, including developing reporting and milestones for partnerships, and implementing processes to run partnerships on an ongoing basis
- Inform, influence, support, and execute on Blend’s Product decisions
- Learn and maintain a deep understanding of the Blend platform
Who you are:
- 7+ years of work experience, with a minimum of 2 years leading a team and managing people, in one or more of the following areas: business development, or product partnerships.
- Ability to set goals and organize individuals around activities to deliver exceptional results
- Track record of motivating and inspiring team members to create a collaborative and highly functioning team
- Track record in identifying, building and negotiating complex business partnerships that involve revenue generation and product integration
- Experience scoping, finalizing, and executing on complex product partnership integrations
- Demonstrable creativity and thoughtfulness in structuring deals to reflect unique business relationships
- Technical knowledge and comfort with assessing technical feasibility of partner integrations
- Exceptional ability to build and close partnerships by collecting consensus across all levels of the organization
- Experience managing multiple partnerships across a wide range of key players
- Project management leadership experience, able to lead multiple time-sensitive and cross-functional projects
- Executive presence, strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Business Development Manager - Product Partnerships (SF)
- Business Development, Product Partnerships - Relationship Manager (SF)