Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced individual to join the Business Development team in a Corporate Development role. You will need to work collaboratively with internal teams to understand where our competitive advantages or risks lie, if/when major features are on the roadmap, and current trends around innovation, consolidation and customer adoption. You will need to develop a deep understanding of our business and products so that you can understand the strategic implications that your work will have and make effective recommendations. You will be responsible for sourcing deals, driving deals to close, and successfully integrating targets to Blend. You will be a central part of proactively seeking out opportunities to advance to growth initiatives of Blend’s businesses.
We seek an innovative, curious, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about the future of technology and consumer banking. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. Ambiguity and change are constants - you don’t cope with this, but are able to create a path forward and influence others to act. Negotiations are a part of your daily life and being an effective negotiator is a must.
How you'll contribute:
- Work collaboratively with all business units to source acquisition opportunities and conduct research and analysis of prospective targets to support recommendations on Blend’s strategic goals.
- Lead the pipeline and process for acquisitions, including reviewing, analyzing information, and managing alignment between focus areas and company objectives
- Evaluate and manage due diligence on prospective targets
- Be an active participant and make recommendations regarding deal status, structure, valuation, and strategic synergies
- Ensure closing process and agreements are handled appropriately working closely with Legal, Finance and other departments business partners
- Plan, direct and help manage the integration process post-close across functional departments
Who you are:
- 7+ years work experience/proven track record, including significant time spent in investment banking, private equity, consulting, or corporate development
- Must have strong transaction experience that covers both executing deals, and post-deal integration project management work. Must have conducted multiple transactions
- Knowledge of and relationships with industry executives and investment bankers within the financial technology space, consumer banking, and mortgage
- Ability to conduct a sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills
- Bachelors’ degree in business, finance accounting, economics, or similar
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19