Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Reducing friction and helping consumers access loans is only one part of the puzzle for home buyers. As Blend expands, we are taking a consumer-first approach and seeking to remove friction and add transparency to all aspects of the home buying process. Getting a mortgage is but one step along a journey of additionally required services—each with its own supplemental experience. The Home Buying Journey team at Blend is set out to build systems that unify this ecosystem into a holistic 11-star experience for consumers.
As one of the engineering leaders, you’ll work cross-functionally with product, design, business development, and external stakeholders to execute on new business initiatives. We work like a mini-startup within Blend, with a focus on rapid learning and iteration. If you are energetic, enjoy working with people, and want to see your work have an immediate, tangible impact on our customers and industry, we want to hear from you.
How you’ll contribute:
- Guide a team of talented software engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging, and inclusive for all
- Partner closely with product managers, deployment teams, and customers/external vendors to build and roll out new features
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience managing software developers
- 5+ years experience as an engineer working with production software at scale
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and retain great people
- Demonstrated ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams, product managers, and business stakeholders; strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience in the B2B/SaaS/Platform space (fin-tech experience not required)
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options