Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Join a team of security engineers who provide expertise, tooling and automation to the wider Blend organization in service of building a secure-by-default, frictionless product for all users. You will collaborate with engineers from a range of Blend products, and you will be the trusted expert for how to design new features and infrastructure securely. You will work closely with a friendly, committed, high performing InfoSec team which helps the rest of the company find solutions.
How you'll contribute:
- Create and improve shared tooling to enable other engineers to develop in a secure-by-default manner
- Write security-sensitive code components to be used by engineering groups
- Run weekly threat modeling sessions for new features
- Provide technical guidance for security-sensitive code
- Build applications that improve our security posture and monitoring/alerting capabilities
- Advocate for a resilient, frictionless, secure-by-default culture at Blend
Who you are:
- You have strong web app skills. You understand the complete life cycle of an HTTP(S) request from browser to database and back.
- You can explain technical infosec concepts to engineers and product teams, and collaborate with them to find secure, useful solutions.
- You like solving problems through automation.
- You understand how to analyze complex systems from an informed perspective, evaluate the risks, and recommend mitigations
- You have experience with Kubernetes
- You have experience with threat modeling and STRIDE
- You understand how to write secure Java code
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- A well-rounded Wellness Program that covers a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massage
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options