Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is building a platform to automate the loan process. This process takes up to a month and costs lenders thousands of dollars. Blend will save our lender customers substantial time and money with loan processing automation, and drive significant revenue for our business as a result.
How you’ll contribute:
- Leverage your deep industry expertise to inform the loan processing automation strategy and product roadmap.
- Advise on key compliance questions to ensure loan processing automation meets lenders’ compliance needs.
- Build and supervise Blend’s first loan processing team as it grows from one person(you!) serving one customer to a scaled organization servicing Blends full customer base.
- Help design the tooling that will enable and optimize Blend’s loan processing team.
- Partner with the loan processing automation team on an ongoing basis as a strategic advisor as the product line matures.
Who you are:
- You have more than 7 years of experience working as a loan processor at a major lender.
- You have management experience and are excited about the prospect of building a new team.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills that enable effective cross-team collaboration and alignment on key objectives.
- You have a passion for improving financial technology and access across the country.
- You thrive thinking strategically about complex business processes and their product implications.
- You have CA RE Salesperson license with an MLO Endorsement and have maintained it consistently for the past 5 years.
- You have experience working as a loan processor across multiple, diverse lending institutions.
- You have experience collaborating with product development teams.
- You have experience working as an underwriter and/or loan officer at a lending institution
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave