Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
We’re looking for an extraordinary internal communications professional to help our employees stay informed, engaged, and connected at a time where the need for clear, thoughtful, and timely communication has never been greater, and our company is experiencing rapid growth.
Reporting into our Head of Strategic Operations, you will play a key role in developing and implementing a creative, impactful, and scalable internal communications strategy that aligns our rapidly growing team around our core business objectives. A trusted communications partner, you will keep our employees informed through consistent, reliable and useful communications. You know how to use the power of storytelling to help employees connect their work to our broader company goals and foster a shared sense of purpose.
How you’ll contribute:
- Serve as a trusted communications advisor to our internal teams and leaders.
- Manage our company-wide editorial calendar that tracks the information flow and ensures we are reaching the right audience with the right message at the right time.
- Assist with creating a steady cadence of communications that informs our People Manager population.
- Provide communications support and guidance for our newly acquired business and its global employees
- Monitor and adapt our communications strategy and tactics based on key performance metrics
- Serve as an internal journalist; find and curate stories about our employees, customers and products
- Partner with HR and cross-functional teams on personnel and organizational announcements.
- Develop and socialize an internal communications guide and a resource hub to ensure consistency and scalability across programs.
Who you are:
- Empathetic: you have an intuitive ability to understand the feelings and perspectives of others.
- A natural storyteller: you are an exceptional writer and public speaker who knows how to move an audience, drawing on your understanding of human emotion, motivation, and psychology.
- Business savvy: you understand how our business operates and can explain industry-specific strategy and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences using language that is simple to understand.
- Conscientious: you stay organized, pay exacting attention to detail, and always follow through.
- Persuasive: you have experience working with and influencing senior leaders.
- Intellectually curious and humble: you are hungry to acquire knowledge and learn from others
- Growth-minded: you are committed to continuously improving your performance and the performance of the teams you collaborate with, using data and feedback as a guide.
- Leveraging these competencies together, you will have a strong point of view on how to drive internal communications programs and channels to increase employee engagement.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave