Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
One of the most important parts of buying a home is viewing and signing disclosure packages. These documents explain what getting a mortgage entails. Your job would be helping to build a system to deliver these documents to borrowers. Sounds simple right? Well it turns out there it’s more involved than you would think. At a high level there are three main problems to solve in order to issue a package. First, we need to grab the latest data from all the systems we integrate with. This means we need to solve how to keep data from multiple systems in sync. Second, we need to create the package in Blend in such a way that borrower can interact with it. Lastly, we need to track when each borrower views, signs, and completes the package.
Now to make it more fun, we need to build all of the above in a way that any partner can easily plugin to our disclosures solution. These partners could be involved in any of the three problems listed above. As you can see we have a lot to do.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have experience building platforms and APIs for other developers to use
- Enjoy building point-to-point and event based integrations
- Design systems with resilience and quality top of mind
- Proactively think about potential failure scenarios and how to handle them properly
Projects you could work on:
- Building a disclosures platform for partners to integrate into Blend
- Building one of the first e-close solutions
- Helping Blend fully transition to microservices
The tools we use:
- Typescript with Node.js