Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Our mission in the fulfillment team at Blend is to significantly reduce the lender’s cost to fund a loan and we do this in a variety of ways. We work to structure and aggregate disparate data sources to automate highly manual and repetitive tasks. We use Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to digitize data locked within physically uploaded documents. We leverage strategic partnerships with secondary market investors (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) and utilize their warranty investor programs to reduce the need for certain follow-ups to be delivered. This team also aims to make banking data more open by implementing standards like FS-ISAC, hence pushing the entire banking industry forward. Our team is just getting started in building out these products and is looking for a top-tier engineer to help take them to the next level.
What’s in it for you;
You will have a say in every step of the product development process with a team that cares about your points of view! Working with and contributing to our open source projects like https://github.com/blend/go-sdk .
The opportunity to mentor curious minds that are eager to learn from the best and you'll lead projects that have a big influence on the entire company - it is why you join us here and now!
- 5+ years of experience working on high-quality production software
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams, you've worked in cross collaborating teams before
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others in the company succeed and be productive (And a proven track record of doing this in your career to date)
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript or Node.js
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working and communicating with third-party data providers
Projects you may work on
- Modularize a complex monolithic service into a set of loosely coupled microservices
- Build tools to automatically assess and improve the data quality of our financial data
- Reduce the communication latency between borrowers and lenders by sending intelligent and automated follow-ups post loan application submission
- Improve our Optical Character Recognition(OCR) service so that it can parse and categorize hundreds of types of financial documents, saving hours of manual work