Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is in a very interesting phase right now. We’re no longer a startup that’s just building a product as quickly as possible. Now, it's a balance between moving fast, but also having a more long term view of how our software needs to be architected. The Fulfillment team is currently working on several high visibility, high impact projects and we’re seeking a senior backend engineer to influence and help move our team forward. We are driving the architecture and adoption of our consumer banking platform that all our new verticals will be built upon. We’re also building a mortgage-processing engine that can automate all the manual work that a loan processor does today. We want to take Blend, which has found product-market fit in a market that has infinite possibilities and scale it 50x.
How You'll Contribute:
- You’ll have a say in every step of the product development process and mentor curious minds that are eager to learn from the best
- You’ll work with and contribute to our open-source projects like https://github.com/blend/go-sdk/
- You’ll help to modularize a complex monolithic service into a set of loosely coupled microservices
- You’ll help to build our Optical Character Recognition(OCR) service that will parse and categorize hundreds of types of financial documents, saving hours of manual work
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience working on high-quality production software
- Excellent communication and leadership skills for collaborating with other teams
- Solid experience and understanding of maintainable distributed systems
- Ability and willingness to help others in the company succeed and be productive
- Experience working with Go, TypeScript or Node.js
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working and communicating with third-party data providers