Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for an accounts payable member who is passionate about scaling and refining our accounts payable processes to support our fast growing business. We are looking for those eager bring in best processes, take on problems, and streamline payables for our employees, vendors, and accounting team.
- Improve and build procure-to-pay policies and procedures
- Responsible for the processing and payment of vendor invoices, employee reimbursements, and corporate credit cards
- Have the ability to build and manage an A/P team that will scale with the company
- Ensure invoices are properly entered, approved, and coded into accounting systems
- Own vendor relationship management including resolving issues, payment discrepancies, issuance of 1099’s, etc.
- Ensure all vendors are paid per contractual terms and resolve payment issues in a timely manner
- Audit employee expense reports for accuracy, approvals, and documentation
- Manage month end A/P and accrual process
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, and maintain appropriate documentation
- Assist in year-end financial audits
- Actively seek to improve all relevant processes
- Advise on optimal systems
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable accounting experience
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail oriented
- NetSuite, Expensify experience preferred
- Experience managing system implementations