Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for someone to join our Legal & Compliance team who’s motivated to tackle challenges—the more complex the better. As a Corporate and Securities Counsel, your primary focus will be on general corporate transactions, including capital markets, securities law compliance, mergers and acquisitions, equity transactions and corporate governance. Your advice and creativity will make an immediate impact by helping drive Blend’s legal and corporate strategy. This role is a phenomenal opportunity to be part of a growing team and work on cutting edge transactions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
Blend’s Legal & Compliance team is responsible for navigating Blend's broad market impact through an evolving and complex financial, legal, and regulatory environment. We enable our industry partners to continuously refine, build, and transact on our innovative business-to-business SaaS platform and other groundbreaking technology initiatives.
How you'll contribute:
- Lead drafting and filing of all securities and disclosure documentation.
- Support all securities and compliance matters.
- Support M&A initiatives and other strategic transactions.
- Assist the legal and finance team with financing arrangements and other capital markets activities, board and corporate governance, reporting, corporate and tax structuring matters and other special projects as needed.
- Advise on board and investor matters, including review of announcements, press releases, investor presentations, investor and board communications and other materials (including preparation of appropriate disclosure materials as necessary).
- Develop and maintain, and advise on, policies, procedures and controls to ensure corporate governance and securities compliance.
- Work closely with our finance and equity team on equity matters, including equity plans, capitalization, and compensation issues.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant corporate governance and securities law developments and collaborate with the rest of the Legal & Compliance team.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of combined, relevant experience at a leading law firm and in-house primarily as a securities and/or capital markets attorney.
- Knowledge and deep expertise in the application of corporate and securities laws, corporate governance and board governance matters, including best practices.
- Highly disciplined, able to make independent decisions and work with limited supervision while excelling in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
- Inquisitive, engaged and proactive in identifying legal issues and risks and proposing creative and effective solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present sophisticated issues in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Experience with late stage, high growth companies at a SaaS and/or Fintech focused business.
- M&A experience, including diligence, execution and integration.
- Familiarity with late stage, high growth company accounting, tax and finance processes, terminology, systems and issues, including a basic knowledge of financial statements and GAAP accounting preferred.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19