Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is looking for a self-motivated and experienced Stock Administrator to join our Finance team. As Blend’s first Stock Administrator, you are passionate about all things equity, thrive in a fast-paced high-growth environment focused on delivering exceptional service to employees and investors, demonstrate strong organizational skills, and enjoy building out processes and controls at scale.
How you’ll contribute:
- Manage Blend’s full-cycle equity administration function -- transaction processing of equity incentive plan (i.e., grants, exercises, cancellations/repurchases), reconciliations/audits of the equity database to other source systems, manage the capitalization table, support ad-hoc employee or investor requests, tax reporting, etc.
- Manage and facilitate investor requests (i.e., stock transfer agreements, secondary sales, address updates, etc)
- Develop process improvements to support day-to-day operations, including partnering with cross-functional teams on key system integrations (i.e., HRIS, Payroll/Tax, ERP)
- Be the main point-of-contact for all equity-related matters for internal and external partners
- Partner with the payroll/tax departments on processing any necessary tax withholdings and own year-end tax reporting for equity-related matters
- Partner with legal and people-ops teams on employee-related matters that impact equity
- Support corporate accounting with month-end close processes, including preparing stock-based compensation files for journal entries
- Implement and maintain internal controls over financial reporting
- Lead employee education including the development of training materials
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience as a stock administrator, paralegal, or equivalent work experience
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) a plus
- Experience with a variety of corporate transactions affecting capitalization (acquisitions, stock splits, tender offers, public company readiness, etc.)
- Experience with Carta or similar equity administration software
- Strong Excel and GSuite skills
- Detail-oriented with an interest in building, improving, and streamlining processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Impeccable judgment, discretion, and integrity
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options