Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
At the heart of everything we do is our purpose: To keep the dream of home ownership alive. If that sounds like a big, lofty goal, that’s because it really is. And we can’t do it alone. Our entire team is focused on helping create a stable and healthy housing industry. And, making sure the process of buying/selling a home doesn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. That’s why we battle every day against the mediocrity of the status quo to simplify the complex world of mortgage servicing, lending and banking. We see ourselves as the experts who make doing business easier. While others bring complexity and a lack of transparency, we offer simplicity, trust, and visibility across the entire property lifecycle. And we deliver radical customer service.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Works as a BDD Engineer to elicit requirements working directly with the business. Develop supporting artifacts including requirements documents, business process descriptions, diagrams, use cases, test cases, scenarios and training materials,
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, simplify and analyze complex business processes to improve efficiency, abstract low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Manages projects of varying sizes from inception to completion
- Executes requirements testing based on the test plan. Performs positive and negative testing, to identify system deficiencies, document findings and recommend solutions.
- Serves as conduit between IT and the customers (both external / internal) while identifying and analyzing their functional needs and technical vision and making tradeoffs between usability and performance to maximize efficiency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development methodologies and what is necessary to be an effective BDD Engineer (Business Analyst/Data Analyst/QA Analyst) within a DevOps Team leveraging techniques including problem solving, conflict resolution, delegation, negotiation, change management, and leadership.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, monitor, and complete multiple tasks or projects, either independently or with a team
- Demonstrated proficiency in all MS Office products and Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player dedicated to quality customer service and implement ideas and improvements that foster the well being of the business.
- Ability to understand the business operations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and employees.
- Ability to manage small to medium projects from inception to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Demonstrated knowledge in business process diagramming tools and methods.
Key Factors for Success
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities
- Able to build strong partnership with business partners and the project teams
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior value and client service
- Works well with people who have diverse abilities, experiences, and perspectives
- Influences others without direct authority
- Approaches opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach.
- Good documentation skills to document plans and process
- Flex spending accounts for eligible childcare expenses
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Long-and short-term disability
- Comprehensive and diverse health benefit options designed for healthy, happy employees
- Reimbursements for eligible educational expenses