Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
We’re looking for an extraordinary internal communications professional to help our nearly 600 employees stay informed, engaged, and connected at a time where the need for clear, thoughtful, and timely communication has never been greater.
Reporting into our Head of Strategic Operations, you will serve as a trusted communications advisor to our executive leadership team and as an internal communications resource to the company at-large. Among your principal responsibilities, you will help us to tell Blend’s story, provide strategic context for company-wide initiatives, and celebrate exemplars of our cultural cornerstones. In doing so, you will help every employee connect their work to our broader company goals and foster a shared sense of purpose.
How you’ll contribute:
- Collaborate with Blend’s executive leadership team to ensure our strategy and company priorities are clearly communicated to our employees.
- Develop a company-wide internal communications strategy and manage our internal communications cadence.
- Host, curate content for, and facilitate employee Q&A for our weekly all-hands meetings.
- Work across Blend to discover, curate, and share compelling stories about our company, our product, our relationship with our customers, and our people.
- Partner closely with our external communications team to develop a holistic approach to our internal and external communications.
- Help Blend leaders to support communications to their organizations.
- Make recommendations and craft guidelines around how we can best leverage various internal communications tools, informed by research and data.
- Manage our quarterly and annual employee-wide recognition program.
Who you are:
- Expert in developing effective internal communications strategies, ideally in a high-growth environment that demands flexibility and creativity.
- Empathetic: you have an intuitive ability to understand the feelings and perspectives of others and love connecting with people.
- A natural storyteller: you are an exceptional writer and public speaker who knows how to move an audience, drawing on your understanding of human emotion, motivation, and psychology.
- A strategic thinker and translator: you are quickly able to learn how our business operates both at a conceptual and tactical level and can explain industry-specific concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences using language that is simple and easy to understand.
- Persuasive: you have experience working with and influencing senior leaders.
- Intellectually curious and humble: you are hungry to acquire knowledge and learn from others.
- Conscientious: you stay organized, pay exacting attention to detail, and always follow through on your commitments.
- Growth-minded: you are excited by and committed to continuously improving your performance and the performance of the teams you collaborate with, using data and feedback as a guide.
- Leveraging these competencies together, you will have a strong point of view on how to drive internal communications programs and channels to increase employee engagement and have a portfolio of examples that show how you’ve accomplished these objectives.
- Writing and/or digital storytelling samples are welcome
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options