Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is solving significant internal engineering challenges as we expand from thousands to processing millions of loans at more and more lending organizations, and over an increasingly large part of the lifecycle of each loan. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about automation, scale, performance, security, and clean code.
Blend’s automation team works to improve the operational efficiency of the engineering team. We work extensively to improve the quality of the application by building robust, scalable, test frameworks fit to Blend’s needs. We work across multiple teams to ensure that our applications can scale as our business scales.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of professional experience writing high-quality code in a modern language (ex. Typescript, Go, Python).
- You have extensive experience working with and monitoring backend applications and infrastructure.
- You have worked across multiple teams to improve application scalability.
- You enjoy debugging applications and finding all of their flaws.
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers and leveling up the team around you.
Projects you could work on:
- On-deploy integration testing
- Internal package management
- Analytics indicative of application, test, and infrastructure health
- Tools that improve the efficiency of the engineering team