Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Business Partner is an ambassador of the Blend culture and models our mission and its principles in everything we do, with dedication, courage, and energy. If you are a creative, passionate, data-driven people leader who shares our desire to create a meaningful employee experience while we remake the consumer banking sector, please read on!
Blend is looking for an HR Business Partner (BP) to support our growing operations teams within the Homebuying Journey (HBJ). The BP is a critical resource to help support the health and performance of teams and operates as a trusted advisor to functional executives on people and organizational issues. We are looking for someone who partners effectively with clients, speaks data, is excited by digging into the inner workings of a highly complex industry, and has excellent people skills. Our ideal BP is someone who is able to lead and is also happy to roll up their sleeves and get things done for the good of their clients, team, company, and mission.
Working closely with our HBJ Operations teams, this role will provide consultation and expertise to our Home Insurance, Title Insurance, and Realty teams in the areas of Workforce Planning, Performance Management, Employee Relations, and provide coaching to perspective to managers and employees.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic FinTech space and in an environment with significant change, employing HR knowledge and business acumen that enable the organization to innovate, adapt, and grow.
How you'll contribute:
- Serve as a trusted and strategic business partner to senior client leadership with an agenda designed to attract, develop, and retain the best talent in the industry
- Lead strategy on how to scale HBJ businesses by 3X in 2021 including onboarding, org design, offboarding, etc
- Develop best practices for onboarding and offboarding with first time managers to create seamless employee lifecycle
- Identify opportunities for and establish new processes to drive scalability within the HBJ business units
- Consistently measure effectiveness of HR initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
- Provide support to managers with employee attraction, development, and retention issues, which may include performance reviews, leadership coaching, career pathing, advanced HR reporting and metrics, and special project assistance
- Closely partners with HR Centers of Excellences and other BPs to deliver superior results to the business
- Manage employee relations cases as they develop, and bring in appropriate resources to address the situations
Who you are:
- 4+ years of general HR experience with 2+ years in consultative or BP equivalent role, with a preference for experience in the Technology or Financial Services industries and progressive HR models. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- Operational mindset to help establish processes to drive scalability in the HBJ businesses
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment
- Have executive presence and strong communication skills to partner with senior levels of management and brings strong collaboration skills within and outside of HR
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and resolve conflict
- Fluency with people-related metrics and digging into problems to craft unique solutions in a structured way. High degree of comfort with ambiguity.
- Collaborative and team-oriented mindset; low ego
- Highly ethical character. Can be trusted to do only the “right thing” for the employees, the company, shareholders, and others even when no one is watching
- Excellent follow-through, performance, judgment, and sense of humor
Benefits & Perks
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19