Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As an engineer on the Lender Foundation team at Blend, you’ll work on the complex interfaces that our customers use to do their jobs every day, and through which all of Blend’s business passes. This is a full-stack team that owns the lender-facing experience top-to-bottom -- while the work tends to be UI-heavy, many features include backend components as well. We collaborate closely with the design and product teams to ideate, build, and iterate on the best possible experience for the lender.
- We write frontend features with React in ES6/Typescript. We find that typechecking helps us catch errors earlier, test better, and ultimately ship quicker and with higher quality. Because our app is white-labeled (think dynamic styling), we use Aphrodite (CSS-in-JS) for all of our styling.
- Our team also builds and owns its own deployment infrastructure and application serving pipeline, so we can ship whenever we need to and have full control over making the delivery pipeline as quick and seamless as possible.
- On the backend, we write Node / Express in ES6/Typescript.
Within One Month You'll:
- Complete our company-wide onboarding program, Blend U, which will teach you about how we build, test, and release software, as well as give you an understanding of where Blend lives in the lending ecosystem and why what we’re doing is so critical
- Ramp up on our tech stack and ship your first feature. Almost all new hires have code in production by the end of their first week!
- Spend lots of time with your onboarding partner, who’ll help you navigate our codebase, our release process, and answer any questions you might have
Within Three Months You'll:
- Work with product and design to plan and implement your first fully-owned feature
- Spot and fix a bug in production from code you’ve written
- Share something you’ve learned with other UI-facing engineers as part of a study hall
Within Six Months You'll:
- Add something to our component library that improves the interaction we have with design and engineering, and people will cheer for you
- Review code for both your team members and people from other teams who want to add functionality
Within Twelve months You'll:
- Onboard a new team member
- Own a substantial portion of functionality in the lender-facing app and other internal tools
- Be part of a cross-functional “tiger team” to get an exciting new company priority off the ground
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave