Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As Contracts Manager, you will collaborate with our commercial legal team and vendor management team as they advise internal clients on risks and other issues relating primarily to various commercial transactions. You will also assist in the implementation and maintenance of the company’s contract management processes to support the company’s growth. In this role you will be expected to exercise excellent business judgment to seek solutions while managing risks and employing creative problem-solving solutions. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and work on cutting edge issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
How You'll Contribute:
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including vendor agreements and non-disclosure agreements, within established guidelines.
- Update relevant metadata in company’s contracts databases and contract lifecycle management tools.
- Continuously improve standard form agreements and contracting processes to help scale the legal and compliance function.
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs are accurately reflected in agreements.
- Collaborate and work closely within the contract management team to manage a queue of contracts.
Who You Are:
- At least 4-6 years of relevant legal experience as a contracts negotiator or contracts manager (including experience with cloud/SaaS or software licensing agreements).
- Experience managing and overseeing contract database systems and/or workflow systems.
- Experience advising internal stakeholders and negotiating contracts in a fast paced environment.
- Paralegal certification.
- Relevant experience in the consumer finance or mortgage industries.