Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Home Buying Journey team is growing. This team is responsible for helping our customers deliver a seamless end-to-end home buying experience to end consumers, not just a seamless mortgage experience. People don’t want mortgages, they want a new home. Today that process unfortunately involves stress, friction, a lot of siloed service providers, and can be expensive. We believe we can change that and make it a seamless, delightful experience, and put money back in the consumer’s pocket as we do so.
Our realty team helps consumers find and buy a home they’re excited about. As the product manager leading the realty team, you will own the strategy, roadmap, and execution for a product, service, and business that helps the consumer in one of the most important and exiting parts of their home buying journey. It’s a cliché, but to a large degree this is like a startup within a startup. You’ll partner closely with an operational leader to ensure the complete consumer experience, not just the digital experience, is magical for the consumer and the other constituents(loan officer, real estate agent, etc.).
This is a unique opportunity to build a unique and transformational product, service, and business leveraging the amazing foundation Blend’s existing product and relationships provide.
How you'll contribute:
- Lead the realty team, build a great 0 → 1 product and business that adds value for our lender customers and their customers(consumers).
- Deeply understand the consumer’s home buying journey and the pain points they face to inform our strategy.
- Work closely with cross-functional product, engineering, and operational teams to build solutions that simplify the complex, confusing, and opaque steps on the home buying journey into delightful consumer experience.
- Drive execution of your team’s roadmap by clearly defining and communicating the roadmap and priority, and ensuring that your team has the critical inputs to ship features and build operational capability with high quality and in a timely manner.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of product management experience (but we care about ability and potential at least as much as experience).
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and deliver value for the end-customer by leveraging of the unique advantages Blend and our lenders have.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that build and foster cross-team collaboration and alignment on key outcomes and objectives. It’s hard to emphasize this one enough – communication, both in writing and verbally, is essential to success in this role.
- A strong analytical mindset forged through educational or other experience(e.g. side projects, work) in math, science, or engineering
- Strong business acumen. The ability to identify the where value is being extracted in the value chain and figure out how to extract it for consumers and our customers(lenders).
- You have deep interest in consumer experiences
- You have built(and ideally led) successful businesses
- You have shipped product at B2B companies and are adept at pitching and selling to customers
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, fitness classes, fitness equipment and more
- Stipends for work from home setup, internet, and meals
- Company-wide mental health days
- Weekly remote all hands
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave