Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As a Security Operations Engineer, we develop, deploy, and integrate defensive tooling and security procedures into our environment in order to detect, track, and resolve security incidents across the organization. We design alerts to detect threats as they occur and employ threat hunting methods to find abnormal or malicious behavior. You'll help coordinate incidents from triage to post-mortem with stakeholders throughout the company.
You're capable of staying well informed on attacker behavior and are able to search for and discover vulnerabilities using gathered telemetry to mitigate security gaps and concerns. You'll work side by side with fellow engineers to build and implement security tools, leveraging open source and internally crafted tools to aid in the incident response process. As a technical SME on our day-to-day security operations, you’ll consult with our security compliance team during security audits in order to demonstrate our technical security capabilities.
How you'll contribute:
- You'll deploy and maintain security operations tooling (both open source and commercial) to improve our defensive posture
- You will identify indicators of attack and create effective monitoring and alerting
- Investigate and manage security events and incidents
- Take ownership and drive projects that result from security incidents
- Understand attacker techniques and tactics in order to perform risk assessments
- Conduct in-depth vulnerability assessments and information system auditing of assets (e.g. servers, Workstations, Network Appliances, Storage Devices, and Applications)
Who you are:
- 2+ years of IR or SOC experience
- 2+ years of IaaS experience (AWS a plus)
- Use Python to write log parsers and/or utilities in scripting languages ()
- Familiarity with DevOps philosophy and toolset (Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members, and upper management
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Calm and level-headed under pressure
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science preferred