Blend is a diverse team of problem solvers who believe that the world’s financial resources should be more accessible. Our cloud banking platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and over 330 other financial services firms to acquire more customers, increase productivity, and deliver end-to-end digital experiences. Our software enables our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, making it possible for consumers to reach their financial goals faster and lead better lives. Come do work that matters.
The health and safety of our team is our top priority. As such, all employees working in the U.S. whose positions involve in-person interaction with other employees or third parties are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. More details will be shared during the recruiting process.
Whether this is an in office or remote first role, the position will require proof of vaccination unless Blend grants you an exemption.
The Tax Lead will report to the Controller and will work closely with our Finance, Legal and Operations teams. The role will also work with external tax services providers. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter who takes pride in the accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness of their work.
How you'll contribute:
- Manage all aspects of the tax function, including domestic and international tax planning, tax provision, tax compliance, tax audit and business support in all areas of taxation
- Lead the quarterly and annual tax provision process, including data collection, review of the tax provision prepared by external service providers and interaction with auditors
- Oversee the global income tax compliance function to ensure that all federal, state and foreign corporate income tax returns are properly and accurately filed on a timely basis
- Develop and implement federal, state and international tax planning strategies
- Perform nexus and permanent establishment analysis
- Review sales and use tax returns and manage sales tax audits
- Review property tax filings and manage property tax audits
- Support the company on all tax aspects of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and customer and vendor contracts
- Build strong working relationships with both internal management and external advisors
- Manage tax related internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley regulations and other policies
Who you are:
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with a record of career progression
- Previous experience in a tax leadership role at a publicly traded/private company or Senior Manager or higher in a Big Four public accounting firm
- Active CPA license required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Google Docs/Sheets skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with proven success partnering and collaborating across multiple functions
- Organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and easily adaptable to dynamic and changing conditions and priorities
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19