Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. Through our software, we enable our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, helping consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Leading the Accounts Payable team, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in helping develop world-class processes to support our accounts payable function while operating in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment. This role will help partner with Blend’s vendor management team to reshape how purchase requests are made to deliver a customer-focused process to Blend’s employees. We are looking for an individual who is excited to work collaboratively, demonstrates strong communication skills, is detail-oriented, has a strong growth mindset, and looks to challenge the status quo.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Manage the full-cycle accounts payable processing at scale: bill data capture, coding with the correct account, cost center, location, and subsidiary information, approve bills, and process vendor payments
- Assist with vendor onboarding, including overseeing the setup of new business partners and maintaining proper documentation
- Own vendor relationship management including resolving issues, payment discrepancies, ensuring all vendors are paid per contractual terms, issuance of 1099’s, etc.
- Assist with month-end close processes for accounts payable and vendor accrual processes
- Manage Blend’s travel & expense (T&E) policy, including its corporate travel and credit card program
- Lead the audit procedures around employee expense reports for accuracy and proper documentation around the business justification.
- Educate Blend’s employees on accounts payable and T&E processes
- Lead various accounts payable automation projects, assess new automation tools, and continuously assess opportunities to create operational efficiencies
- Drive accountability to ensure bills, purchase orders, payment runs, and expense reports are processed timely and accurately
- Put together the accounts payable standard operating procedures in a clear and concise manner to guide both on-shore and offshore resources
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of Accounts Payable experience. Experience in Technology or heavily service-based industries preferred
- Experience with NetSuite, Microsoft Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, Workday Expense and FloQast
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities within deadlines is required
- Experience as a people manager, building an Accounts Payable team that will scale with the company, including leveraging offshore resources
- Is widely seen as a trusted advisor that is proactive, accountable, and responsible - must be eager to drive best practices and continuous process improvements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized, flexible, and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Proven ability to think strategically and tackle open-ended problems
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflows; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19