Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. Through our software, we enable our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, helping consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Responsible for creation, maintenance, governance, and publishing of company policies, procedures, knowledge both tacit and explicit standards and technical documents (business/functional requirements, instructional materials, online help, procedural guides, product descriptions, etc.) in the knowledge management platform for use by business end users.
Scope/Responsibilities: Proficiency in basic skills and functions of career path; ability to work on broader scope of work assignments ranging in difficulty. Ability to work with department deadlines. Establishes effective professional rapport with both internal & external customers; ability to deal with complaints and conflict resolutions in a professional and decisive manner. Effectively manages time, priorities and resources to achieve goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct research by interviewing subject matter experts, reviewing existing documentation, and gleaning information from the system or product being documented.
- Prepare, edit, and deliver all knowledge in accordance with existing editorial styles best practices and document templates as well as development of SEO to ensure content can be found.
- Translate both tacit and explicit information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Create graphics (screen mockups, report samples, etc.) that aid the target audience in understanding the documented material.
- Participates in business requirements, functional design, testing, and architecture work sessions, as requested.
- Follows documentation projects through to completion, including approval signoff, loading into production, and archival.
- Maintain internal documentation library.
- Monitors and evaluates the knowledge sharing program through gathering of usability feedback from audience and updates as necessary.
- Develops and maintains reporting related to the effectiveness of the system and the effectiveness of the knowledge presented.
Education & Professional Experience: Bachelor's degree preferred and typically requires a minimum of 2 - 5 years related work experience. Mortgage and/or Financial services and technical writing experience a plus. High School diploma or state approved equivalency required.
Leadership/Hierarchy: Operates effectively under general supervision. Receives detailed instructions on new projects. Effectively builds strong relationships with team, manager and department. Often goes beyond the basic requirements and takes on initiatives that clearly add value. Often leverages new ideas; promotes new ways of looking at problems and processes.
Level of Decision Making: Some decision making authority on daily work assignments. Seeks advice from those who’ve solved similar problems. Probes all fruitful sources for answers, and thinks ‘outside the box’ to find options. Possess objective analytical problem solving skills. Requires relatively little direction to get the job done.
Individual/Customer Impact: Decisions and actions have high impact on success of team, department, business line and/or client. Scope of work has high impact on team, business unit, department and/or processes. Willingness to go above and beyond the minimum requirements to ensure a positive customer experience. Often searches for ways to improve the customer experience.
Communication: Exceptionally skilled in verbal and written form as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Demonstrated ability to craft written correspondence that conveys messages that cannot be misinterpreted.
Technical Proficiency: Demonstrate advanced computer and software skills necessary for job function; ability to manipulate data to create specific reports if needed. Proficiency with Microsoft Visio, SnagIt, PDF tools, HTML, Archer, Knowledge Management Tools preferred.
- Flex spending accounts for eligible childcare expenses
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Long-and short-term disability
- Comprehensive and diverse health benefit options designed for healthy, happy employees
- Reimbursements for eligible educational expenses