Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. Through our software, we enable our customers to process an average of more than $5 billion in loans per day, helping consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is seeking an experienced Pricing Strategist to join the product marketing team and coordinate pricing policy across the Blend portfolio of products. This individual will collaborate with senior leadership, product management, revenue operations, and finance to define pricing principles, set base prices, develop discount and promotional programs, and assess the forecast and margin impact of all pricing decisions. Candidates with research experience (both pricing and competitive research) are also encouraged to apply.
At Blend, our goal is making the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer for consumers. Today, we partner with financial institutions of all sizes to enable the processing of more than $4B in mortgages, home equity, and consumer loans per day. If you are someone who “geeks out” on the research and data analysis required to build competitive, customer, and market intelligence and gets passionate about incorporating qualitative feedback and quantitative data to win new business and drive utilization, we’d love for you to consider Blend as the next place you will make a difference.
You will be joining a team of highly collaborative, self-starters, always interested in learning, innovating, and continuously improving. Experience in B2B SaaS go-to-market is required. Experience in financial services or fintech is a plus.
How You'll Contribute:
- For new products, collaborates with product marketing, product management, revenue operations, and finance to propose pricing strategy and discount policies
- For existing products, analyze feedback from the market, adoption/usage trends at customers, and competition to better align our pricing with market opportunity
- Supports Revenue Operations sales teams, including documentation of pricing messaging, ROI, commercial terms, discount policies, and renewal strategies
- Collaborates with finance to ensure forecasts are in alignment with likely evolution of pricing and supported by the the right cost structure and margin strategy
- Performs evaluations and implement KPI’s to assess pricing action effectiveness
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of pricing / pricing strategy experience, whether in a specific pricing analyst role or as part of a product marketing or product management remit
- Experience in B2B technology pricing or product marketing roles
- Preference for a background in fintech or financial services
- Experience creating and refining pricing policies that can be easily understood and broadly used by sales, customer success, deal desk, and marketing teams
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with finance to analyze the impact of pricing on growth, forecast, and profit margins
- Ability to apply systems thinking and build for scale and self-serve, driving and enabling others at Blend to leverage pricing and go-to-market knowledge
- Build cross-functional relationships and handle complex projects across internal and external teams, including strong partnerships with customers
- Excellent written communication & presentation skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19