At the heart of everything we do is our purpose: To keep the dream of home ownership alive. If that sounds like a big, lofty goal, that’s because it really is. And we can’t do it alone. Our entire team is focused on helping create a stable and healthy housing industry. And, making sure the process of buying/selling a home doesn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. That’s why we battle every day against the mediocrity of the status quo to simplify the complex world of mortgage servicing, lending and banking. We see ourselves as the experts who make doing business easier. While others bring complexity and a lack of transparency, we offer simplicity, trust, and visibility across the entire property lifecycle. And we deliver radical customer service.
The Operations Manager will perform a variety duties related to managing a team of 8-10 individuals who are handling a variety of different default related services, which can include title curative, title examination, quality control, deed preparation, municipal lien searches, and deed in lieu processes You will have complete responsibility for the team and will be reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of the Department. The position requires prior management and supervisory experience along with a strong knowledge of the mortgage default industry. You will be working with large banks and mortgage companies that are disposing of defaulted loans and working with them on the transfers of real estate assets, or helping them resolve missing loan file documentation. Position will require weekly or bi-weekly meetings with clients and ideal candidate will have prior experience with client presentations. Communication is done via e-mail, phone, text and fax. Work is performed in a high volume team working on files nationwide. Responsibilities include ensuring consistent follow-up with multiple parties in the transaction, updating case management system with corresponding information and maintaining client satisfaction. This position requires strong leadership and organization skills.
- Balance staff workloads and manage daily production volumes
- Help team achieve specific client performance goals
- Maintain communication with clients and internal co-workers regarding status and progress of different files and production levels
- Interact with banks, mortgage lenders, credit unions and other 3rd parties when issues arise during the process to help resolve file deficiencies
- Be an escalation point to team members when dealing with complex or unresolved matters.
- Experience in team building and leadership and assist with new employee training and development
- Hires, trains, and develops subordinates. Provides feedback, delegates tasks, and identifies subordinate training needs and those of the organization.
- Initiates and identifies process improvement and problem-solving activities in order to make informed decisions to ensure product is of high quality, low cost, and meets turnaround time service level agreements.
- Develops and directs the implementation of policies and procedures that comply with regulatory and statutory guidelines, rules, and standards
- Ability to meet client expectations and have departmental teams achieve all required Service Level Agreements
Supervision Received or Extended
- Responsible for 1-2 business units or leadership responsibility for an emerging group
- Recognized as a team builder
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong experience and knowledge of national title operations, residential title insurance products and services
- Good working knowledge of the mortgage servicing and default mortgage services and systems
- Experienced with client presentations and leading quarterly client meetings at the executive level
- Establishes, understands, and consistently meets deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated competency in creating and executing on operational plans
- Proven track record of leading small to medium sized teams
- Demonstrated success with meeting the needs of a wide range of employees while driving team performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources
- A deep understanding of metrics/dashboards that drive an environment and culture of continuous improvement
- Progressive experience in leading employees in multiple locations, and significant experience developing and implementing solutions
- Possesses strong problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills
- Results oriented with strong time management and project management skills, and must be highly organized and driven to succeed
- Strong leadership skills, leading by example, driving employee commitment through actions, and empowering employees to reach their full potential
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 5-7 years of management/leadership experience
- 4+ years working in the title insurance, lending, or real estate industries required
- Flex spending accounts for eligible childcare expenses
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Long-and short-term disability
- Comprehensive and diverse health benefit options designed for healthy, happy employees
- Reimbursements for eligible educational expenses