Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The HR Business Partner is an ambassador of the Blend culture and models our mission and its principles in everything we do, with dedication, courage, and energy. If you are a creative, passionate, data-driven people leader who shares our desire to create a meaningful employee experience while we remake the consumer banking sector, please read on!
Blend is looking for an HR Business Partner (HRBP) to support our growing teams. The HRBP is a critical resource to help support the organizational health and performance of teams and operates as a trusted advisor to executives on people and organizational issues. We are looking for someone who partners effectively with clients, speaks data, is excited by digging into the inner workings of a highly complex industry, and is a great communicator.
The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic FinTech space and in an environment with significant change, employing HR knowledge and business acumen that enable the organization to innovate, adapt, and grow
How you'll contribute:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to executive and senior Leadership on HR related matters
- Consult with senior leadership on organizational design and workforce planning with an eye towards scalability and speed, in partnership with Recruitment
- Challenge assumptions to identify root causes as to offer the best solutions for HR related issues
- Coaching people managers through change by leading by example in a way that is consistent and thoughtful with Blend’s core culture and values
- Partner with Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) to embed the goals across the organization
- Reinforce Blend’s high performance culture by working with senior leadership to define standards of performance for the teams
- Set the direction and enablement of roll out of company-wide HR programs (Performance Management, Merit Reviews, Talent Reviews) for specific teams the HRBP supports
- Work closely with HR Centers of Excellence (Compensation, Recruitment, Learning and Development, Operations) to create an effective feedback loop for HR programs, relaying feedback employees and manager
Who you are:
- Deep experience HR knowledge, inclusive of both foundational HR and HR Business Partnering, with a preference for experience in the Technology or Financial Services industries and progressive HR models. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, and develop solutions
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding and high performing work environment. Ability to challenge to get to root causes.
- Excellent communication skills to partner with senior levels of management and brings strong collaboration skills within and outside of HR
- Demonstrated ability to manage change and resolve conflict
- Fluency with people-related metrics and digging into problems to craft unique solutions in a structured way. High degree of comfort with ambiguity.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19