Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Critical Customer Initiative (CCI) team owns the delivery of Blend’s most important customer programs. The CCI Lead works cross functionally, connecting Growth (Sales and Success), Product, Marketing, and Professional Services (Deployments and Integrations) teams to deliver highly complex initiatives and provide executives with a single point of contact to drive results and manage risk. The CCI Lead will own 1 - 2 initiatives at any time, which may range from critical product rollouts to industry driven compliance changes. The common thread for all initiatives that the CCI team owns is that they impact many or all of Blend’s customers and are critical to the ongoing success of Blend.
The right candidate for this role can manage complex projects that have deep cross-functional dependencies. They are a natural communicator that builds trusted relationships across a business to create a collaborative culture. Most importantly, the right candidate sweats the details, intuitively understands our customers’ needs, and can quickly deep dive roadblocks to solution next steps. The CCI lead will have daily engagement with our most senior leaders as they manage across the company to deliver initiatives. They have ideally worked in a PMO or technology implementation role in a top consulting firm or at other SaaS businesses. Prior experience with banking technology is highly desirable.
The CCI team sits within Blend’s Revenue Operations function, which owns operations and analytics across Sales, Success, and Services. This role will directly report to the leader of Revenue Operations.
How you'll contribute:
- Lead 1 - 2 of Blend’s most critical and complex initiatives, working across functional groups to align workstreams and successfully deliver at scale
- Prioritize customers above all else, mobilizing whatever organizational resources are necessary and coordinating executive decisions to required to deliver customer success
- Deeply understand the individual workstreams (e.g., Product development, Marketing, Sales enablement, etc.) required for delivery; you don’t just report status, you get in the weeds
- Proactively identify risks that can impact our customers’ satisfaction and adoption; engage with senior stakeholders and Blend’s executive leadership to mitigate risk and adjust work plans
- Facilitate difficult conversations to determine root causes of risks / issues and bring the cross-functional team together around an agreed action plan
- Act as the central point of contact for all key stakeholders, ensuring the smooth flow of information across the organization and the informed buy-in of all stakeholders
- Distil leading practices for project management, risk management, communications, and readiness assessments that can help Blend uplevel its approach to future customer initiatives
Who you are:
- 10+ years experience in SaaS companies, management consulting, or similar businesses
- Understanding of the Banking ecosystem, and specifically in the Mortgage industry, strongly recommended
- Prior experience managing enterprise-level system implementation projects (or similarly complex projects) involving multiple functional teams
- Natural communicator who can build trusted relationships with all levels of the organization
- Organized and detail oriented; able to dig deeply into individual work streams and understand their critical dependencies
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19