Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
As the IT Team’s Training and Documentation Specialist you’ll work to develop the technology training to teach Blend employees about our tools so we can avoid problems and confusion before it happens.
You will work with the IT Support Team to identify common needs and patterns, then create training to avoid these issues in the future. You will also own and lead IT’s documentation efforts, setting the standard for kind, concise, legible, and useful documentation while mentoring other team members as they learn to work up to your standard. You will also work closely with the IT Operations Team as you help them document the new resources and features they roll out. You’ll work with Blend’s Security Team to present our security practices in a clear, practical, and easy to understand way.
Your work will set Blend’s employees up to do their best work by helping them understand our tools and technology. When folks do have trouble you’ll make sure they can solve common problems themselves by keeping our IT knowledge base accurate, well curated, and up to date.
This role can either be at Blend facilities in SF or NYC. Remote (US Only) is also possible for the right candidate.
How You'll Contribute:
- Build IT’s training program, including the onboarding all new hires attend, design classes to introduce new tools, and coordinate study sessions to learn our current tools better.
- Work with our IT and Infosec teams to identify training and documentation needs.
- Create end-user and technical documentation and training materials in Confluence, Google Docs/Slides and other documentation systems
- Work with our IT Operations Team to offer training and documentation on upcoming IT changes.
- Own IT’s knowledge base. Keep what’s good, teach us to make it better.
- Collaborate with support teams to create a self-service approach to user support through useable documentation and training
Who You Are:
- Experience with writing of documentation for all levels of users (from highly technical to non-technical)
- Experience creating and running an IT Training Program
- Ability to analyze ticket traffic to understand common issues
- Comfortable conducting user research to find out how current tools could be better utilized with appropriate training
- Strong project planning, able to rank most valuable options from many competing priorities
- Willing to dive in, take tickets, and understand how things are going on the ground
- Experience maintaining an IT knowledge base
- Aptitude for mentoring other team members on creating and maintaining quality documentation
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy and kindness for fellow humans, even when they’re frustrated
- Experience creating, implementing, and tracking helpdesk metrics
- Experience within fintech or the financial services industry
- Proficient with Atlassian Confluence
- Strength in audio visual system documentation
- Working knowledge of Mac, Windows, and Linux
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19