Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
This individual will oversee Blend’s global Employee Relationship function, focused on enhancing our practices when responding to employee relations issues, employee concerns, investigations and reasonable accommodations. This individual will create a standard process for Employee Relations to provide a fair, consistent and positive experience for employees. This high impact role will work closely with our Employment Counsel, HR Business Partners, Leave Administrators, and be a trusted resource to all of Blend’s employees.
We are seeking an individual who has deep employee relations experience, strong communication and interpersonal skills to manage sensitive employee issues while maintaining a positive employee experience, minimizing risk, and aligning our process with our values and business needs.
How You'll Contribute:
- Investigate workplace complaints, disputes, and policy violations across the organization with professionalism and sensitivity.
- Draft investigation reports summarizing factual findings and recommended resolutions.
- Ensure employee relations issues are handled fairly, consistent, and in alignment with Blend’s values, policies, and applicable law
- Create, standardize and implement processes to address employee relations issues including designing an intake process, investigation toolkit, and documentation management system.
- Research and implement tools for employee relations investigations that create consistent channels for employees to report concerns, improve employee relations, and contribute to a positive, inclusive, and productive culture
- Develop systems to identify and analyze employee relations trends and solutions
- Work directly with employees regarding reasonable accommodations, including engaging in the interactive process, collecting appropriate documentation, and evaluating requests in conjunction with internal stakeholders and in-house employment counsel Process, monitor, and track reasonable accommodation requests
- Work closely with in-house employment counsel to prevent and respond to employment-related litigation
- Create standards for Performance Management that create pathways for employees to succeed balanced with Blend’s high growth environment
- Build out our Employee Relations processes in India with the ability to research local labor laws, compliance, and cultural norms
Who you are:
- Demonstrated experience in Employee Relations with an emphasis on investigations and reasonable accomodations
- Background supporting and coaching leaders manager performance and resolve employee relations issues.
- Strong understanding of, and practical experience with, federal and state employment laws (i.e., EEOC and ADA)
- Legal background preferred
- Trusted partner to all touchpoints across the organization including employees, managers, and other partners within the HR function and Legal
- Ability to handle sensitive situations with professionalism, discretion and sensitivity at all times
- JD with employment law focus and/or experience.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19