Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
At the heart of everything we do is our purpose: To keep the dream of home ownership alive. If that sounds like a big, lofty goal, that’s because it really is. And we can’t do it alone. Our entire team is focused on helping create a stable and healthy housing industry. And, making sure the process of buying/selling a home doesn’t undermine the excitement of home ownership. That’s why we battle every day against the mediocrity of the status quo to simplify the complex world of mortgage servicing, lending and banking. We see ourselves as the experts who make doing business easier. While others bring complexity and a lack of transparency, we offer simplicity, trust, and visibility across the entire property lifecycle. And we deliver radical customer service.
Our Blend Team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer. Developers are highly technical individuals who are responsible for implementing software solutions to meet business needs. The developer will collaborate with product management, and engineering teams across Blend and come up with optimal solutions, automation and efficiency, and high customer satisfaction.
How you’ll contribute:
- Developers own the source code and CI/CD pipeline. They are also responsible for implementing software solutions to business requirements. Day-to-day duties involve designing software systems, writing code, building the CI/CD pipeline, and troubleshooting software bugs.
- Deep design and delivery experience of multi-tier products with web-based clients on the Microsoft C#/.NET/SQL Server technology stack.
- Design and build robust REST-based Web Services.
- Design, develop and help launch next generation applications to solve complex problems in the real estate industry.
- Coordinate work with on-shore and off-shore teams to deliver solutions within deadline
- Convey technical requirements and implementations to both development teams and non-technical business users
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years as a software development engineer with experience in Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft SQL Server technology stack.
- Deep knowledge in design patterns/principles, web services development, REST APIs, and related architectures.
- Strong competencies at designing, coding, implementing with 24/7 stability, performance, and scalability.
- Proven experience with developing, launching, and supporting software for enterprise level applications and their infrastructures, with high quality, availability and scalability.
- Prefer experience with Azure technology stack, particularly:
- Azure App Services
- Azure SQL Server
- Azure Service Bus
- Azure Search
- Azure Logic Apps
- Azure Durable Functions
- Familiarity with containerization or OS-virtualization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Flex spending accounts for eligible childcare expenses
- Basic and supplemental life insurance
- Long-and short-term disability
- Comprehensive and diverse health benefit options designed for healthy, happy employees
- Reimbursements for eligible educational expenses