Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company’s platform helps millions of consumers apply for loans and other financial products so they can get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
At Blend, diversity, inclusion, and belonging are core components of our company ethos. We want to create a place where people are not made to feel like they must conceal the most important parts of themselves in order to be accepted or valued in the workplace. We want to create an environment where we are able to engage in the uncomfortable and to learn to see the world through the lens of someone else. Most importantly, we want to cultivate a culture that leverages difference to create an even better product and even brighter futures.
As a member of the Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging team in the Strategic Operations organization, you are responsible for managing the Equitable Ecosystem Initiative including cultivating strategic relationships, assisting with product requirements, and driving industry relations activities in support of accessible financial programs at scale for Blend users. You will also design business cases in close partnership with the Product and Go-to-Market organizations to enable affordable product access to Blend users at scale.
Additional responsibilities of the Product Equity Enablement Lead include: building long-term external referral source relationships with public and private entities including lenders, housing trades, insurance partners, non-profit organizations, and housing agencies. The goal of this position will be to productize options to increase consumer access to financial products across the Blend channels.
This function seeks to automate and productize equitable outcomes for consumers and will assist Blend customers to increase consumer market share and pre-purchase conversion rates on loans and other financial products.
We seek to partner with outcome-driven organizations leading to consumer success in their credit and wealth building journeys. We seek to serve as a model for the industry on the ease and revenue-positive outcomes of serving traditionally underserved consumers.
Relationship Management - Ability to develop, manage, grow and leverage internal and external relationships in support of reaching business objectives.
Communication - Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to listen, present and clearly express key concepts.
Customer Service - Ability to respond to clients, anticipate their needs and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Manage Performance - Ability to diagnose problems, develop solutions, monitor results and provide constructive feedback; support efforts to achieve objectives by engaging resources and removing obstacles.
Collaboration - Ability to work as part of a team to achieve common goals by sharing knowledge and building consensus.
Business / Technology and Automation Acumen - Demonstrates thorough understanding of mortgage origination and automation lifecycle. Ability to connect business requirements and priorities of enterprise customers to the consumer credit access journey.
Flexibility - Ability to adapt to changes while keeping focus on goals and apply knowledge to new circumstances.
How you'll contribute:
- Conduct ongoing business development and product innovation prototyping activities focused on creating new partnerships for affordable lending and/or second chance financial products, generating opportunities and managing lead conversion metrics for both new and existing relationships.
- Represent affordable lending and promote Blend consumer originations channel in banking centers, at housing hairs, seminars and community events as a means to establish consistent referral sources and grow business.
- Collaborate with and provide subject matter expertise to engage cross-functional teams in activities necessary to ensure appropriate focus and program success for affordable lending and/or second chance banking.
- Monitor and assess product performance and sales and conversion/adoption of new product access points.
- Evaluate and communicate performance results of the Equitable Ecosystem Initiative with cross functional leadership teams
- Provide support for the sales organization with regard to Affordable Lending program changes, updates, policies and procedures, ongoing program status, milestones tracking, and overall success in meeting business objectives.
- Coordinate training and workshops ensuring Customer success teams receive required knowledge development and skills training.
- Serve as the primary Equitable Ecosystem Initiative point-of-contact for senior lending managers, lending managers and mortgage bankers in retail consumer and branch sales center channels.
Who you are:
- 5+ years business development or mortgage lending experience
- Experience influencing performance in a matrix environment
- Proven record of building relationships and establishing strategic partnerships (e.g. realtors, builders, non-profit organizations, equitable outcome driven organizations leading to consumer access to credit success)
- Strong knowledge of mortgage origination process and partnership integration requirements
- Working knowledge of existing inequities in financial services and affordable lending products preferred, including down payment and closing costs assistance programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19