Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Consumer Banking team is growing. This team is responsible for delivering instantaneous and personalized financing experiences across a financial institution’s entire portfolio of products. You heard that right - the entire portfolio of consumer banking products. We’re building the products and platform that catapult Blend into a much larger market (outside of our flagship mortgage product).
As one of several engineering leaders you’ll work cross-functionally with product, design, business development, and external stakeholders to execute on new business initiatives. We work like a mini-startup within Blend, with a focus on rapid learning and iteration. If you are energetic, enjoy working with people, and want to see your work have an immediate, tangible impact on our customers and industry, we want to hear from you.
How you'll contribute:
- Guide a team of talented software engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging and inclusive for all
- Partner closely with product managers, deployment teams, and customers/external vendors to build and roll out new features
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience managing software developers
- 5+ years experience as an engineer working with production software at scale
- Good architectural skills to help support and challenge the teams in their decisions.
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and retain great people
- Demonstrated ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams, product managers, and business stakeholders; strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Experience in the B2B / SaaS / platform space (financial experience not required)
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend during COVID-19 (lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays when working from the office)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Four months of paid parental or personal leave
- Generous vacation policy, company-wide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19